Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

NQR finger painting

A while back, when Sosi was still putting simple sentences together and I wasn't yet getting ideas from the thousands of smart bloggers out there, I bought Small Fry.
It's a really nice book and I often refer back to it for little inspirations.

Yesterday Sosi and I set out to make gingerbread biscuits during Casi's snooze, but upon the grim discovery that we had ran out of butter, I had to quickly find another activity that would satisfy her need to get her fingers dirty...

So we tried the finger paint recipe. Now, I don't know if I hadn't had enough coffee or had had too much, but as we were making it I couldn't see anywhere an indication of the cooking time.
Now, if you know anything about cooking, imagine bringing to the boil 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 of cornflour and 2 cups of water, and cooking it for over 10 minutes... you guessed it, it was more like very thick goop/jelly than paint...


Despite the consistency, Sosi loved it and, after posing for the camera...


... and pulling a couple of "can you do this?" faces...




she sat down all serious and focused and proceeded to make an aboriginal inspired dot painting (which she saw through the windows in Play School)

No comments:

Post a Comment