Pages

Saturday 2 April 2011

Things I know

I'm new at this blogging business, so here's hoping I link up stuff properly... I love reading Shae's Yay for Home, her narrative is bright and funny and I love her insights.

Things I know this week:
  • if you let the kids play with an alarm clock, they will set it to go off at some ungodly hour in the middle of the night
  • I have quick reflexes. Unfortunately not quick enough to catch this toddler before he fell down a step to meet a concrete floor :(

  • when a 3 year old starts dressing herself, she apparently has to change her outfit at least 3 times a day, resulting in a sudden increase of the amount of clothes that find their way to the laundry hamper
  • when leaving a shopping centre, you should never EVER forget to get the 3 year old to go to the toilet, just in case she falls asleep in the car and empties her bladder in the car seat while asleep :( 
  • letting the kids play in the mud before going to visit the great-grandparents is not a very time efficient idea
  • and the last thing I learnt tonight, getting the kids to do a "lentil pouring" Montessori inspired activity just before dinner was NOT a good idea at all...

2 comments:

  1. Oh the numerous clothes changes- I hear you!!!And ouch on the head bump :(

    Thanks for joining in and your lovely words.
    It's all linking up fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly relate to the numerous clothes changes! We have 5 kids, 3 of them toilet training and a washing machine I'm sure who wants overtime pay!!

    Ouchies to your little one, my son has done that before too!

    ReplyDelete